Numbers 13:1 - 15:41
June 3rd - 9th, 2018
Rahab, a picture of Faith or fear? We have a 2nd set of spies that walk in faith. They also give a prostitute salvation/Yeshua. Notice the red cord—what does this represent? How did all of Jericho crash down and yet Rahab and her house were saved? (Faith?)
A Few Hebrew Definitions
- Sent, H7971 ח ל ◌ׁש Shelach: to send, to sow or be sown. Sent One!
- Salvation, H1954 :ע ◌ׁש ו ה Hoshea or Oshea: family name of Joshua.
- Joshua, H3091 ע שׁ ו ה י Yeshua or Yeshoshua: “Yahweh is our salvation.”
- Evil Report, H1681 ה ּ◌ב דּ Dibbah: Whispering, defamation, evil report, unfavorable Words.
- Candlestick, H4501 מנורה Menorah: The instrument in the tabernacle used for light. Without oil it is useless, just an instrument of death. With oil, it is filled with Yahweh’s presence. Matthew 5:14 “You are the Light of the World.” Revelation 2:5 “this presence of the Holy Spirit will be taken from you.” (Root word or = light; orah = light from Yahweh; the ‘M’ for Melech = King. The Light through Yahweh to the King, Yeshua. “Let Your Light Shine’, as a city on a hill cannot be hidden!
Pictures of the Bride and Yeshua (Can You see them??)
- Numbers 13 “Shelach” the 1st word in this 37th portion. These “sent ones” were leaders, heads, “rosh” in their respective tribes. These are not the main leaders of thousands, that we saw in Numbers 1, the ‘Ruler and Reign’ structure (the covenant of David, Matthew 5:19). Least and the greatest in the Kingdom—we must know how to keep Torah. We call them spies, but they were just checking out the promise, like YOU?
- You are the sent ones for today! How is your report? Can a leader be deceived?
- You are the ‘spy’ sent out to the World that Yahweh has given you! It’s time to inspect the “LAND.” Then it’s a question of how we report: We can grumble and complain or we can see the plan of action. It’s all Yeshua.
- Ephesians 4:29 Let no words other than praise (edification) come from your mouth!
- Numbers 13:32-33 We were little grasshoppers in their sight, and had the fear of giants. The sin of fear, the evil report—“dibbah.” (Are little Grasshoppers Kosher food? Leviticus 11:22))
- Why didn’t they just talk to Moshe? (Joshua 2:23)
- Why did they spread their bad report to the Israelites? (Faint Heart Deuteronomy 20:3)
- Could this be us? Have we gone up to the Land and tasted the fruits?
- Hebrews 6:4-5 “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of Yahweh…”
- Notice all 12 spies acknowledge the “facts,” but only 2 used the authority they had to say, “Our Yahweh Reigns, He will go before us!” 10 Gave their own FEARS & MOTIVES!
- Thoughts, fears, motives become our WORDS, they will become our Destiny!!
- Numbers 14:4 Curse Yahweh & die (or Yahweh’s Anointed): “Choose another leader and go back to Egypt.” Are you ready to Move on? The Cloud of Glory is moving onward!
- Numbers 14:6-9 Joshua from Ephraim, Caleb from Judah. Look at their defense of Yahweh’s plan, Yahweh’s anointed. Moshe never defends himself (a lot like Yeshua). This speech was so powerful it really moved them; v.10, “let’s stone them.”
- Numbers 14:11-12 Contempt! How long will Yahweh’s Chosen cause Yahweh to suffer? (Provoke = na'ats, H5006, ץ א נ ,to spurn, despise, abhor) Is this what we do? Do you provoke Yahweh with Your actions? Or by your lack of actions/disobedience?
- Numbers 14:17-19 Have you ever had anyone defend you and your character and your deeds to Yahweh??
- Exodus 14:14 “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
- Numbers 14:20 THE SECOND CHANCE! Yahweh’s Mercy. “I have forgiven them.” Who caused this Mercy??
- Numbers 14:27 After forgiveness shouldn’t we change our ways? We see they continued to grumble, murmur, and participate in lashon hara.
- Numbers 14:28-35 Then Yahweh allows the judgment to fall, for their continued contempt and for despising the Lord’s ways. Torah is the Lord’s Way:
- The prophets walked in it
- The disciples of Moses walked in it.
- The disciples of Yeshua walked in it.
- And Yeshua waked in it and asked us to walk in it. Are we too full of contempt and despise? Do we ever grumble? Oh, Lord have mercy on this people!
- The Torah is Yeshua incarnate. Walk in the awareness of these natural laws (Blessings and curses). Do we continue to walk off cliffs and plead “the blood, the blood?”
- Numbers 14:36-39 The spies who started the grumbling with the bad report died in an instant before Moshe.
- 10 out of 12 leaders died in their transgressions.
- 2 out of 12, the remnant, (1/6th or 16.667%) was Ephraim and Judah—the tithe of Yahweh. We are HIS, don’t rob Yahweh’s storehouse! (Malachi 3:8)
- Chapter 14 Recap: We had the sin of fear, the Lashon hara, the gossiping and grumbling about the direction Yahweh takes us. We wanted to stone the leader, we wanted to go back to the world (Egypt), and we just want to do it “our way.” Then Yahweh has chesed and chane and forgives us of our despicable ways, and we continue to walk in our rebellion. Then Yahweh’s judgment falls and we say “OK, we’ll do what you want, Ok Lord, we’re so sorry, please don’t make us live out here for 40 years, please we’ll be good.” This judgment is what they murmured and they cursed themselves. Do we speak curses or blessings? IT’S TOO LATE, THERE IS A CUTOFF, and that cutoff could happen before you pass onto the eternal judgments. Hebrews 6:4-6.
- Have you ever said these “BAD REPORTS”? (These spies are a picture of us!)
- “We have it all there can’t be more,” (in my religion).
- “We live by our new covenant; we’re not under the law.”
- “We have been delivered from "Egypt, we have been saved by Jesus. This is it.” d. “We hear from Yahweh our way, not Torah.”
- “We have been saved our whole lives, this is it, and Yahweh is not revealing more light.”
- “There is no such thing as Progressive Revelation.” Does this sound like US?
- Numbers 15, we have the five offerings from Leviticus 1-5 and we are now adding more Yeshua (bread) and Holy Spirit (oil & wine). This is our Gift, our sacrifice. We are becoming the bread of Life, the Oil of Healing to the Land, and the gift of His Holy Spirit, His anointed wine and blood.
- Num 15: 15-16 The stranger, alien or foreigner has the same Torah as the Israelites. Israel was never a closed society, you could join anytime, and you only had to walk in Torah. Deuteronomy 29:15
- Numbers 15:22-31 Unintentional sin for all Israel and the application of the Law for removal, forgiveness, v. 22-28 for an individual.
- V.30-31 Intentional Sin: We are the cut-off one! This is the northern nation of Israel, Ephraim, House of Jacob, or Joseph. Intentional sin comes from a corrupt heart! Hosea 5:5 “And the pride of Israel doth testify to his face: therefore Israel and Ephraim shall stumble in their iniquity; Judah also shall stumble with them.” (Find Forgiveness in Hebrews 10:17 and Jeremiah 31:34b) See Hebrews 6:4-6 For a little fear of the Lord
- Cut off is Out of the Camp; Cut off is out in the wilderness of Sin; Cut off is outside of Torah!
- Cut off is where the pagans, and idolaters live. Cut off is where Yeshua is sending the fishers & hunters to find them, Jeremiah 16:6; Cut off is where the Dry Bones are located, Ezekiel 37.
- The Cut off ones are the children who Yahweh promised would make it into the Promised Land. It is free, and so is Yeshua. Hebrews 4:14-16.
- The Cut off ones are His Lost Sheep: Jeremiah 50:6 “My people have been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray; they have turned them away on the mountains; they have gone from mountain to hill; they have forgotten their resting-place.”
- Mattjew 15:24 “But he answered and said, I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
- Numbers 15:32-36 The Sabbath-Breaker It hasn’t changed - He is the same yesterday, today & forever, Hebrews 13:8. Can we pick up sticks?? Gather His people?? We are HIS Sticks! Zacheriah 3:2; Ezekiel 37:15-17; Can we be anymore spiritually dead? 1 Thessalonians 5:6-7
- Numbers 15:38-40 Tzitziot This is for you to look upon it; this is for the “children.” This word “ben” is commonly used when addressing all the “Children of Israel.” We are to wear these on our four cornered garments, Deuteronomy 22:12. This is also a reminder to “keep” our Life in Him, his Torah, His Spirit, His Love and Forgiveness.
2 Cor 10:3-5 Learn what weapons you have & make your thoughts obedient to Him!!
Are you becoming obedient to His Spirit that is causing you to walk in HIS Ways? Ezekiel 36 &37
Are you changing your habits, lifestyle and thought patterns? II Corinthians 10:3-6, Phillipians 4:7-8.
Tune in Next Week: Korah’s rebellion — Is this the First Church Split? How did Yahweh like the division?
I Samuel 11:14-12:22
2 Timothy 2:8-21
Blessings in the name of Yeshua, Be Blessed, Walk In His pathways - (Torah)
1 John 2:6