Numbers 8:1 - 12:16
May 27th - June 2nd
Did you kindle a fire today, in kindle a fire today, in kindle a fire today, in You and someone else and someone else and someone else?? It is your Calling, ?? It is your Calling, ?? It is your Calling, don’t let the Fire go don’t let the Fire go out,and take it into the darkness! and take it into the darkness! and take it into the darkness! Kindle yourself today and then you can Kindle your neighbor! neighbor!
If we are the elect, can we be deceived? Have we been deceived?
A Few Hebrew Definitions
- א .Plague, H5063 ף ג נ negeph: blow, striking, plague, instant attack, a blow.
- ב .Atonement, H3722, ר פ ּ◌כ Kaphar: to cover, purge, atonement, reconciliation, cover w/ pitch.
- ג .Burnt, H5930ה ל ע olah: whole burnt offering, to go up, ascend, steps. Lev 1.
- ד .Sanctuary H6944 ׁ◌ ש ד ק kodesh: apartness, holy, sacred, separateness.
- ה .Congregation, H5712 ה ד ע edah: gathering, kahol.
- ו .Candlestick, H4501, ה ר ו נ מ menorah: The instrument in the tabernacle used for light, Without oil it is useless, just an instrument of death, with oil it is filled with God’s presence. Matt 5:14, you are the Light, (Menorah) of the World. Rev 2: 5, this presence of the Holy Spirit will be taken from you. The shamash (central “Fire” ("helper or servant"), is used to light all other fires-candles.
Notes that point to Yeshua, Find HIM!
- The Menorah. Numbers 8:1-4
- This was made exactly as Moshe was shown these instruments and holy items. V.4
- This menorah must not go out. Exodus 27:20, 2 Chronicles 13:11. It must not go out, just like the fire in the altar, Leviticus 6:12.
- This is the only instrument that God specifically spoke the design to Moses. Exodus 25:31-40)
- Everything was made from the original, Colossians 2:17; Hebrews 8:5.
- Levites are set apart (Substituted for the 1st Born) for service unto Him. 8:5-26, 3:41 So Are YOU! You are the 1st Born in HIM, HIS First fruits. I Corinthians 15:23
- 1 Peter 2:5 “Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 2:9 “But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:”
- Must be made clean ceremonially; this is physical. Mikveh, washing of the hands, etc. Psalms 24:4; James 4:8 2
- Look at this one, Israel must lay hands on the priests. This is a picture of confirmation, support in every way, trespass for another and atonement. (Freewill and compulsory)
- Then the priests lay hands on the sacrifice.
- Then they shall serve Yahweh.
- These priests are the substitutes for the first-born. 8:17-19. Revelation 1:5, James 1:18, Colossians 1:18-20, Romans 8:23; Exodus 19:6.
- The Passover for the Unclean, Tamei, It’s for US. Numbers 9:1-14 Defiled-Trespass, Asham
- This is God’s mercy and grace (chesed and chane); for we are the defiled and we have always been in God’s loving plan. We have been in the plan of the lamb, holy and perfect as His life was given for us. Now we should seek to be Holy as Yahweh is Holy, clean (tahor) and come into the first Passover. This ties into #5
- Yahweh always gave a provision for restoration unto Tahor, clean. This is for us to return unto him Kadosh. Asham is not Chata, it is separation but we can follow the application for purity.
- The Two Silver Trumpets Numbers 10:1-10 Yom Teruah
- This is the calling to repentance; the call for Atonement (Kippur) is coming.
- Two trumpets, one for Judah and one for Ephraim. Ezekiel 37:15, the understanding of the two houses. This is the call to ALL the moed. This call is arousing many, and is stirring the hearts of the called, maybe even you. Is everyone aroused to repentance? Romans 9:27. Only the remnant will be saved.
- Romans 11:11 says that Judah will be aroused to jealousy. This is from Moshe in Deuteronomy 32:21. Romans 11:17-24. For we are grafted into God’s Israel. We will not provoke Judah to jealousy by being grafted into Judah. Their branch is without oil for a season. Romans 11.
- Rom 11:25-27 For all of His Israel will be saved.
- Romans 11:30-32. For all are disobedient and will receive mercy. And those that seek him will be grafted back in.
- These two trumpets are not in unison but in dis-harmony until Yahweh completes & brings back Ephraim and then Judah will be brought back, it will be by Him.
- This is a picture of the trumpets being hammered until they are perfect. Is Ephraim still being hammered into repentance? How about Judah?
- The Ten days of Yom Teruach, Trumpets; ‘Ten’ means H6235, עשׂר עשׂרה‛ eser or ‛asarah, accumulation of digits, also a tithe, give or to take. A tithe is God’s portion. In the ten days before the final call, Yom Kippur, we can see only the remnant, ‘God’s Portion’ is hearing the call to repent, and this is powerful.
- The trumpets were also used to call the assembly, and a call to war. 10:9. God promises to hear the call, and save His people. These are the people keeping His Torah, because they are still in His community and gathering, (Moed, and Kahal)
- Lashon Hara Numbers 11:4-12:15
- We have two very interesting pictures of complaining and murmuring, against Yahweh. One was grumbling for different foods, coveting or lusting, and one was pride.
- v.4 ‘mixed multitude’ This is a ‘promiscuous assemblage’ H628 ף ס ּ◌פ ס א' aspesuph, as-pes-oof, meaning the ones that are still testing Yahweh. Can you see us in this?
- This word to weep v.10 is to bemoan or complain. In Egypt the fish and these other foods were free to the slaves. The Egyptians only used fish for fertilizer, and the slaves were given fish to use in the fields and orchards.
- This is a true picture of God’s very precise use of the ‘plague’ for only those that complained were struck, not all of Israel. Thank God for the intervention, trespass of the elders, who wept and prophesied for Israel.
- A picture of the defilement of everything Yahweh gave us.
- He gave us Deliverance! (Yeshua)
- He gave us Manna! (Yeshua)
- He gave us Torah-Word! (Yeshua)
- He gave us the Living Water, Mayim Chayim, -Yeshua- The Rock (Petra), 1 Corinthians 10:4. We have rejected Yahweh’s gifts and sought after our own. We deserve the quail, fried and stuffed in a burrito? We have made our church a substitute for the word, manna. Wow, does Romans 3:18 start to hit you?
- Miriam was shown Mercy and forgiveness because of intercession, trespass against Moshe. She still had to be out of the camp for a week, to redeem her purity.
- Look at this complaint in today’s church, “We aren’t being fed Meat! Lord have mercy!
Are you changing your habits, lifestyle and thought patterns?
2 Corinthians 10:3-6, Philippians 4:7-8
Are you becoming obedient to His Spirit that is causing you to walk in HIS Ways?
Ezekiel 36 &37
Does your prayer life keep a fire in you? - Continually?
“Do Not let the Fire go Out!”
Please Tune in Next Week; we have some spies! Did you ever hear the story of the ‘sin of fear’? Shelach - Send for Yourself!:
Numbers. 13:1-15:41; Joshua 2;1-24; and Hebrews 3:7-19.
This one is deep! It’s time to shout! Get out your Shofars.
The job of the Priest is to keep the fire in the menorah burning. Kindle it in someone Today!!
Is there a Fire in you?!
Be Blessed in the name of Yeshua, walk like Yeshua - 1 John 2:6